Sound on the Motherboard

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sat May 25 09:04:49 EDT 2002

Actually, you don't need to recompile the kernel as long as sound
support was selected. You do have to obtain appropriate Red Hat
binaries for ALSA, or compile ALSA and add it to
/etc/modules.conf appropriately, removing OSS support.

But, it's possible to go back and forth between OSS and ALSA, as
long as you get all the details. I have done this in the past and
have thought of building a script to do it.