interesting experiment.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at home.ro
Fri May 24 01:29:03 EDT 2002

Hi Janina,

You have asked me about why I don't understand that I can't use pine with
emacs. Now you ask me why I can't understand that I can't use the DecTalk
PC1 with Speakup.

Well, here is the text I have read from another list member:

as for the problem with the dec-talk pc, the issue is, needing dictionary
files to be loaded into the synth at boot time.
You can't do this until the file systems are properly mounted. So, if one
gets a kernel panic, you wouldn't know about it because you wouldn't have
speech from kernel load.

So I've understood that "You can't do this until the file systems are
properly mounted"
OK, and I've asked if I can use it after that point.
Is something that isn't clear?
Didn't I understood correctly?

Cheers.
Teddy,