Kernel problems.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Fri May 24 22:59:43 EDT 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Thomas Ward wrote:

> Hi, list. I was hoping someone here has the answer to this problem. I've
> just built a 2.4.18 kernel with speakup, but it doesn't power my machine
> down like it is suppose to.I've tried turning on and of different apm
> options in the kernel config, and nothing has worked. Can someone tell me
> exactly  what options are required to get Linux to properly shutdown and
> turn off my computer?
> The stock kernels do it fine, but my kernel won't do it.

As I recall, unless you have a broken bios you just need to enable apm
support and it should work, if you read the help for each option, it'll
tell you.  I enabled a couple more options for my laptop but that was for
apmd functionality and stuff.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808