Sound on the Motherboard

Ann tate886_thequeen at bigfoot.com
Fri May 24 16:45:29 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

Well, folks, my modem problem hasn't even been resolved yet, but Gregory is
generously helping me with that one. Thanks, Gregory. <smile>

Now, for another question. I have an e-machine, and the sound is on the
Motherboard. Will it be possible to use this in Linux? Here is the entry
for it, I think, from the lspci file.

00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24
[crystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)
 Memory at febef000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
 Memory at fea00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

I'm guessing that's my built-in sound device? Has anyone had success in
using and configuring this type of sound device?
~Ann