OLD DAYS

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Fri May 24 13:35:28 EDT 2002

Hi,
Well, the c-64 also had a RF modulator chip--but as I recall it also had
a provisions for connecting a terminal--a Commodore terminal of course,
not an IBM style terminal.  Also, with the screen reader I was using I
could use many more commercially written software programs than you
Apple guys.  However, your standard BASIC was far superior to Commodore
BASIC 2.0 which was built into the ROM.  As C-64 users all know,
everything was in ROM, you didn't use a boot disk.

i've seen embeded Linux that doesn't need a disk either.  But I can't
think of a way to pass it kernel boot time parameters even if you had
Speakup built in.  I do wish somebody would build a little router that
you could pass Linux commands to the router via an RS-232 or a USB port.