redhat speakup distribution and lynx.

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Fri May 24 11:08:51 EDT 2002

Hi, Again:

Lynx certainly isn't included, but you probably didn't install
it (and likely some other shell utilities you're going to want)
because you made an inauspicious installation class choice.
That is my conjecture, in any case. I'm wagering you chose
"workstation" or "laptop" instead of "server" or "everything"
at the "type of installation" screen. Those are not good
choices for blind users, and you have just discovered some of
the reason why they're not good choices.

All of this--the reasons for choosing one installation class over
another, how to fix a default for booting to the gui--all of this
is discussed in our installation HOWTO. Did you read it?

You need to find the rpm for lynx on your installation CD ROMs.
I'm sorry, I don't recall which one has it. Once you find it, do:

rpm -iv lynx*

 May