US Robotics 56K Voice PCI

Ann tate886_thequeen at bigfoot.com
Thu May 23 13:36:33 EDT 2002

Hi Folks,

First, let me apologize if this message is off topic, and anyone who wants
can feel free to reply to me off list.

Does anyone know if my US Robotics 56K PCI modem, model 2976, will work
under my Linux Zipspeak distribution - or under any Linux distribution? So
far, I haven't been able to figure out how to get it  to work or even how to
enable the com port it seems to be on, which according to Windows is Com5.

Thanks for any advice and/or help. And, please, when providing instructions,
be as specific as you can since I'm  still fairly new to Linux.