Get Out Of Jail Free!

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Wed May 22 12:44:58 EDT 2002

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:

<snip>

> Do you know how to tell without speech whether or not you're at a
> command line prompt? If you press back space and the speaker
> beeps, you're there. If not, you aren't.

Hmmm, this is true, but once again, this may not work in a telnet session
if your terminal isn't set right, quite likely under Winblows, but at
least there you'll have your Winblows speech to help you.

 > Of course, if you've typed something on the command line,
you'll > have to press back space that many times to erase what you've
> typed first. But, once you've erased the command line, you will
> get a beep from the speaker when you press backspace.
Again, if the telnet client's terminal is broken, this functionality could
also be absent.

<snip>

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808