interesting experiment.

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Wed May 22 12:34:31 EDT 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> Please tell me where on the hard disk is the manual for emacspeak, and I
> will try to copy and read it under Windows, and then I may find it easier to
> use the program.

Recognize one important fact, you need to learn emacs more than
you need to learn emacspeak. With this in mind, here's where to
look:

On your hard drive:

/usr/share/doc/emacspeak-* [Exact tail depends on which version
you installed]

/usr/share/info -- [but it's really easier to just learn how to
use info. While in emacs, type c-h i and learn to use up and down
arrow and your tab key]

PS: Learn to restart your speech server when it dies on you.
Learn the command c-e c-s it's probably the most important
command if your speech dies from time to time.

On the web:

http://emacspeak.sf.net {there's documentation here you can
download and read in a browser]

http://www.emacs.org

These should keep you very busy learning. I'm still learning from
these pages, by the way.

OOn the web