interesting experiment.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Wed May 22 11:30:29 EDT 2002

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Steve Holmes wrote:

> Ahh but quoting the relevant is much easier when all is quoted in
> reverse order.  Now that I'm replying to your's this way, I have to
> edit out the middle.  Fortuneately, emacs allows for easy editing such
> as this.  Yes, I'm usually lazy and probably most often push in my
> reply and then send it on its way.

I disagree, note this message, I can comment on the relevant bits of your
messages by interleaving, and I know the arguments by a lot of blind
people, but I personally prefer to read stuff this way, though of course
can deal with new stuff at the top.

 > I usually very much dislike having
to go through the old stuff before
> getting to the good/current stuff.  But then mutt came along into my
> life and I can now hit the 'S' key to magically skip over the old and
> get to the new; if it is interspersed withother old text, then I can
> hit the 'S' key again and I skip up to the next block.  Sure makes
> mail reading much faster.  Mutt is the only e-mail client where I have
> found this feature.

A lot of newsreaders have the feature, I know that slrn does, but I only
ever use it for long posts.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808