OLD DAYS

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Wed May 22 10:18:45 EDT 2002

Hi,
Well, I believe that a fair portion of the Apple 2e's operating system
was in ROM.  For sure, all of the Commodore 64's operating system was in
ROM.  It was actually mapped on top of useful RAM.  You had to do
something called banked switching if you wanted to use it.  Each bank
was 8K.  Alex, I have a passionate hatred of the Echo synthesizer voice!

      Jim Wantz WB0TFK