OLD DAYS

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Tue May 21 23:06:52 EDT 2002

I don't know, Alex. I thought the Apple 2E was a pretty cool
machine. It was my very first computer. I saved and saved until I
could afford $1,000 for an  Apple 2E, and I only got it so cheap
because I didn't need the monitor.

After awhile, I added a meg of RAM and then I had a truly cool
machine. It took 4 floppies to boot the darn thing, but then it
just stayed up for weeks, or until I hard crashed it with some
bad basic code.

Oh, yes, and I also scrimped and saved to get one of those new
fangled 2400 baud modems for it. I recall that Hayes modem set me
back $678, which was more than an SSI check in those days.