interesting experiment.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Mon May 20 20:52:23 EDT 2002

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Kerry Hoath wrote:

> awwwwwwww shucks :-) that at least cheers me up emensely.
> It's not just this list; it seems that the new breed of IT people aren't
> like us oldschool bunch.
> I remember the net before the world wide web; when archie
> was the search tool of choice. I don't want to go back
> to those days; but it is interesting to reflect on.

Hi Kerry,

I too remember Archie, though I didn't get online till the end of 1995,
that's like really late in archie terms, but I used to use it a lot, and I
can remember when Yahoo was a self-contained web site, with no search
engine or ads.  I'd like to think I'm a good study of functionality,
particularly from a network standpoint, that's one of the reasons I'm
currently looking for funding to get my CCNA, the need for a job is the
other. *grin*

Cheers, and keep up the good posting.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808