interesting experiment.

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun May 19 23:18:03 EDT 2002

You can use man man to find out about man. Yes, there's a man
page for man itself.

And, you can do:

man man -k

to find out about the commands for which there are man pages.

Also, in Red Hat at least, the default pager is less, so Diedra's
syntax is superfluous for Red Hat users.

If your experience is mostly with DOS or Windows, you should read
the HOWTO written especially for new users of Linux who come from
Microsoft environments:

http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DOS-Win-to-Linux-HOWTO.html