interesting experiment.

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at home.ro
Sun May 19 00:35:30 EDT 2002

I press the keys for  launching the terminal mode under Emacspeak, I type a
simple ls command to test it, I won't hear anything of course, then the
computer stopped speaking, and I need to reboot it.
IS Emacspeak the problem? Is IBM Via Voice stopping?
I don't know.
Thank you for putting me to learn. <gee>
Do you have a link to a text file with all the command lines used by
emacspeak?
I've tried that help, but I couldn't find how to set the speed of voice
sinthesizer faster, nor how to read a text at once, not line by line.
I also would like to know how can I skip the text when I read this way.

In Windows, I can put the screen reader to read in "say all" mode and if I
press the right shift, it skips a line and continue reading without
stopping.
If I press the left shift, it goes back with a line and continue reading
without stopping.

This is a good feature and I am sure it should be in Emacspeak also.
However, I couldn't find it.

I would also like to know if there is a kind of control panel for emacspeak,
where I can set all the variables, a configuration file, etc.
Emacspeak starts with a text file which is not too big and I should read a
lot of things before finding how to set the sinthesizer faster.
And I don't  have the patience to listen how slowly it speaks.

Teddy,
orasnita at home.ro