emacspeak

brian Moore admin at bmoore.yi.org
Sun May 19 06:51:41 EDT 2002

HI all, I am primarily a speakup user on my linux system, however,
yesterday, I was able to get emacspeak and via voice to actually work
on my rh 7.3 system and would like to give this thing a really good
try.  I suspect there is a list for it but don't know where.

also, does anyone have any quick pointers to docs I can read or
something to get familiar with using it and what things I may need to
install to try mail, web browsing etc?   also, one urgent question.
the default speech rate is intolerabally slow.  I thought I could do it
with control e and then I think f1 but couldn't get it to happen.
would like to get that changed asap because reading at that speed
drives me mad.

thanks.  Brian.