possible sollution

Shaun Oliver shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 19 01:18:12 EDT 2002

why are we even having this discussion?
a seg fault or illegal operation is simply due to a program trying to
exceed it's memory allocation for whatever reason.
if you don't have the source code or for that matter know what to do about
it, why are you even worrying about it.
all I know is that when an illegal operation on windblows ocurs 9 times
out of 10, it takes the whole os down with it thus causing a stack dump.
or core dump.
why? how the bloody hell should I know? it's windows we're not supposed to
know. We're just expected to run the thing and not cry about it. or, pay
big dollars for some snot nosed little brat to tell what you already knew
in the first place.

--
Shaun Oliver

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the