possible sollution

Cecil H. Whitley cwhitley at ec.rr.com
Sat May 18 00:16:13 EDT 2002

Hi,
A group of researchers here accepted a public challenge to "crack" the cgmi
watermarking.  They were threatened with legal action when they went to
present their research at a convention.  Eventually they got to present
their research, but it was a painfull process.  Details can be found at
www.eff.org.

Given the "homelands security act", the dmca and the reluctance of the court
to intervene, i'm not sure that you can't get in trouble here for "just
talking" about something anymore.  That, in and of itself is a sad
commentary on the state of affairs.

Regards,

Cecil