java/java script/ya ain't missing much

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Fri May 17 16:35:55 EDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, cwhitley wrote:

> Hi,
> lynx not having java script doesn't make ya'll missing much.  Script really
> isn't all that accessable.  Pure java, with the swing libraries, now that's
> a different story.  Most of the client side java script is graphical in
> nature and thus not spoken.  Even the "text" is drawn on the screen in such
> a way that jaws at least doesn't neccessarily speak it or even recognize
> links imbedded within it.

The biggest problem, however, is that more and more web forms are using
javascript submit buttons which Lynx is unable to find, meaming that you
fill out a nice long form, yes, it's accessible, than you can't submit it
because it's a javascript submit button.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808