xwindows

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Fri May 17 15:55:00 EDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:

> I don't mind the way Lynx handles frames. In fact, I rather
> prefer it on sites I visit often. I simply bookmark the
> particular frame that I'm interested in. Saves me from slogging
> through nav bars, mostly.

Oh yes, and those frames inside frames.   Do you know, once I went to a
page with IE, and JFW announced the following:
"Page has 20 frames, and 13 links"
I mean, what on earth?!?  It turns out that most of the frames, empty
frames, were used for layout, because somebody was too bone idle to use
tables etc.
There were even empty frames *inside* empty frames, what's all that about?

<snip>

> So, what's missing? java and Javascript is pretty much it, imho.

There must be plans to look at javascript inclusion, as there's an option
in configure for it, even if it doesn't do anything at present.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808