mottos, was: Re: introduction

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Wed May 15 15:43:43 EDT 2002

Hey Alex.  The trouble is that some folks don't pay attention when you
say you think something is so.  In order to be really helpful, which was
your intention, look up the facts before you post.  You'll save folks a
lot of frustration by providing accurate information, and gain a
reputation as someone who is knowledgeble.  In the world of computers,
"I think so" doesn't cut it.  If you really aren't sure, just don't post
about that particular question.  I'm not picking on you especially, nor
is this message ment in any way to be a put down.  There are others here
who have a tendency to do the same thing.  Hopefuly, you and they will
take some well ment advice, and cut down on the frustration of those
seeking answers to questions.

While I'm posting, it would be useful if people would read all the
incoming messages on the list before replying to a question.  That way,
if someone else has given a correct answer to a question, we can avoid
messages with duplicate answers.  It would cut down on the volume on the
list.  No criticism of anyone intended, just a helpful suggestion.

Gene