xwindows

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Tue May 14 18:44:58 EDT 2002

I think the one reason I'd like to have access to the X environment is
this.

1. I'd be able to teach sighted folks how to use it and its something
they are familiar with. Make it a good learning experience and it'll be
one more reason for them to choose Linux. Afterall, there is a tun of
apps and more coming that folks can use to accomplish daily tasks they
now perform under windows.

2. Would give more access to different browsers and this despite
everything I've not heard, would aid it accessing sites that use frames,
java scripting etc. Some who go unmentioned hate these things, but ay
lets be realistic cause fangled web pages ain't going away in the near
future.

3. Access to applications which are not available for the text console
thus offering greater flexibility in what is available.

whoops, guess that was 3 reasons.

Scott