Consensus opinion required - was 'more worms'

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Tue May 14 17:36:45 EDT 2002

Who cares.

Bottom line it's up to the end user to do what he or she needs to do so
their computer is safe.  If that means don't use windows to avoid
viruses or if it means get a good antivirus program then do what you
need to do.

I mainly use linux to read and write emails but for those times that i
use windows i have an antivirus.

Wht I feel about html vs text emails is beside the point.

Gregory Nowak said the following on Tue, May 14, 2002 at 04:28:03PM -0500:
> Wasn't it originally macroslop's idea that html and e-mail were one and the same?
> Greg
>

> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 04:54:49PM -0400, Igor Gueths wrote:
> > Hi all. I think that it is peoples' responsibility to change their messages to plain text, but even if the list were restricted to plain text, I wouldn't mind. Also, e-mail and html should be separated. There should be a difference between the web and the rest of the internet.

If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which a procedure can
go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way will promptly develop.
Raul A. Gallegos - http://www.asmodean.net