Hoax virus was Re: more worms

TALMAGE at somtel.com TALMAGE at somtel.com
Tue May 14 09:29:30 EDT 2002

Yes, that was the sulfnkb.exe file in the Windows\command directory they
were calling for you to delete last time.  That 1 has been going around for
4 or 5 years and seems to have a 6 month appearance cycle.
You can usually tell the warnings are bogus because they include a lot of
hype, 'The most dangerous ever', 'extremely destructive', and very little
substance, 'Microsoft warns', 'IBM warns', etc., but no web site address
where to get more info.  In the few cases where they include a web site, it
turns out to be a bad address.
At least this one shows a bit of imagination by changing the files you are
supposed to get rid of.
I also like the one regarding the game that is someone's first attempt and
they think I'll like it.  If it is their first attempt, it is doubtfull
I'll like it, and since most of the time I don't have a clue who they are,
what makes anyone think I'll like it

Dave