Hoax virus was Re: more worms

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Mon May 13 21:27:12 EDT 2002

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Adam Myrow wrote:

> I got a warning about that hoax at work.  That's really dirty!  With all
> these real viruses doing real damage, somebody takes advantage of people's
> ignorance and has them deleting part of their system.  With all these
> viruses going around, I sometimes wonder if the antivirus software vendors
> perhaps write viruses in their spare time so they can sell more software?

You could be right, I wouldn't like to comment.  However it's not the
first time this sort of thing has gone round.  This one is just something
to do with java display, or it might be a java applette or something like
that, but the first  one of its type, sulf something, was to do with being
able to save files with names longer than 8.3.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808