changing names on a group of files

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon May 13 07:56:15 EDT 2002

I'm in a hurry now but might think of a script such as a
for $i
construct to rename each file but I also realize you have a number
string in there you want to fix.  So that script would have to extract
out the digit portion and modify it appropriately.  If this sounds too
confusing at this moment get back to me and when I have more time, I
can possibly come up with a script (in perl possibly) to do this
numeric renaming.