Why does it need that much hard disk space?

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Fri May 10 22:41:26 EDT 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wrote:

> On Fri, 10 May 2002, Toby Fisher wrote:
>
> > Well guys, while your suggestions are great, I would like to add some
> > things.
> >
> > First, I think Chris said that his space is limitted.  Also, I believe his
> > first question was basically which distribution to go for.  Given his hd
> > space restriction, I do not believe that Redhat, with its limitted
> > installation options, is the best option here, since the workstation
> > option does not contain several key packages, and the server install will
> > be too large.
>
>      Limited installation options?  How?  Actually, the server option is
> probably best for a text only installation.  Tell us all about your vast
> experience with RedHat, Toby.

Hey, easy, I have used Redhat in a commercial setting, and have stated
elsewhere in this thread that it has its uses and place, and what my
opinions are.  If you look at my posts, I do not attempt to make any
definitive statements regarding RH, only what I have gleened from my own
experiences and this list.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808