Debian installation problems Please Help!

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Thu May 9 19:58:41 EDT 2002

Hi Alex. Did you edit the install.bat. You have to be in realmode dos for this to work. In my case, I used a bootdisk. Back to install.bat. You have to take the . out in front of the c:\, and also the one in front of the ./images-1.44. Also make sure you have mirrored the directories correctly. Once you run install.bat in realmode dos, you press enter because it asks you for a root floppy for some reason. I still haven't figured out why it does this. Once you press enter after you think the root floppy message has come up, then it should start talking. Oh and also add speakup_synth=bns before root=/dev/ram. I'm not sure if you already knew this, but its always good to have a reference.