freebsd/solaris

Cecil H. Whitley cwhitley at ec.rr.com
Wed May 8 19:59:09 EDT 2002

Hi,
The answer as to how do I install, I don't.  I've got a microsucks based laptop that I use hyperactive terminal on sor direct serial connections.  Mainly use ssh to go in via the network.  We've got three sun clones running solaris, four more ultra's and had two bsd boxes which I got to trash!!!  We also have two RedHat servers (squid/squidguard) running circles around M.S. proct-see.  If it were up to me 3/4 of our current intel servers would be running linux since we could match the m.s. boxes function for function on about half the hardware.  We're like any IT shop, never enough servers, never enough bandwidth, never enough time.

I've actually gotten pretty good with the open ssh terminal that comes with cygwin.  Had enough practice anyway.

Regards,

Cecil