cdrecord question

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Mon May 6 16:01:36 EDT 2002

Hi greg and Igor.
Maybe there are advantages to leaving your cdrom ide/atapi, but i just went
ahead and changed both of mine. That meant i didn't even have ide/atapi cdrom
support compiled in and I didn't have to question whether the ide/atapi driver
was interfering with the scsi. But whether you use just scsi or use both, you
still definitely do have to have scsi cdrom suport, as well as scsi, scsi
emulation, and generic scsi enabled. From what you say in past posts, Igor, you
may have thought you could leave scsi cdrom support out.
I just think it's simpler not to have to deal with both drivers unless you have
a really good reason for keeping the ide/atapi for your cdrom.