changing a file from mono to stereo

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon May 6 13:01:56 EDT 2002

I doubt that sox means split as in left from right. How would it
know what belongs on what channel? If you give it a mono signal,
there's no data there for channels.

I don't recall anything that would do this. Should someone come
up with such an app, it would certainly involve some very complex
modeling.

All this proves, yet again, that it's easy to go from rich to
poor, and hard to go the other way.