New Kernel with Speakup and ZIPSPEAK

'Georgina' gena at gena-j.net
Sun May 5 15:25:46 EDT 2002

Hi

I can't remember if the default value is for MS DOS file system
supported or not.  I thought that it was.  Can you run make menuconfig?
This is a lot easier to quickly look and make changes.  If this was the
case, I thought that the error message would of stated such.  Could it be
an error from incorrectly stating the root device on the loadlin
commandline.  Although, I guess that it hasn't been changed.  But double
check that your loadlin line looks like something like this:

loadlin.exe \linux\vmlinuz-new root=/dev/hda1 ro

HTH

Gena

Blindness Advocacy and Self Help Online www.bashonline.org