Debian installation problem

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sat May 4 23:24:48 EDT 2002

Hi.  I don't know if anyone has had this problem in the past and in case
it's been discussed I apologize.

I installed woody debian on a new system and the installation of the base
system went well.  The problem I'm having is when you first boot up the
system and it runs base-config.

I am stuck in a loop.  It starts off by asking about the keymap, then the
gmt for the hw clock, then about passwords, I setup root's passwd, create a
normal user.  From this point it loops back to the question about the
console keymap.  It then skips the part of adding a root password and
creating a new user but it keeps cycling through the keyamp, gmt, and
password type setup.

Any ideas?  I am using the root disk from the woody directory from the
debian site.