spelling, was: Re: please help with bind 9.1.2

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Sat May 4 13:21:29 EDT 2002

Hi,

     Old Bil?  I remind you again that I'm three whole months younger than
you are. <great big grin>

   I'm not such a stickler for spelling, but as chuck points out, the
synth is
much more pleasant to listen to when there aren't spellos in the text.
Creative misspelling can be lots of fun such as when you refer to a
machine
with two operating systems as "d u e l" boot, or when more than a few of
us call that other OS "w i n d o z e".

     I have an Audapter.  It can even tell that a certain bloke from
down-under writes the letter U instead of spelling out the word "y o u".
I'm not advocating that folks learn to spell, heck, I never did.  But
modern mailers make it so easy to fix the errors almost automatically.  I
can second what Chuck says about how running the spelchecker often makes
it run faster. <grin>

          73.
          Bill