Sendmail Question

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Thu May 2 06:24:40 EDT 2002

Hi Steve,

Every once in a while I have run into the same thing. When that
happens I use pine configured to go directly to the inbox of my
ISP instead of the inbox on my local system and fetch my mail
from there instead of using fetchmail. This bypasses my local
sendmail program and it has never failed to unclog the downspout.

HTH - Chuck

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Steve Holmes wrote:

> I notice a strange problem from time to time with my combination of
> fetchmail and sendmail.  The default configuration of sendmail rejects
> unqualifyable sender addresses.  That's all fine and good but if one
> of those messages shows up in a batch of mail being fetched with
> fetchmail, It kicks me out with a return code of 10 and I can't
> subsequently fetch any of my accumulated mail off the server.  My only
> solution thus far is to relax the domain lookup restriction in
> sendmail; then I can fetch it all down.  Has anyone else on the list
> experienced this problem? If so, have you any solutions?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (68% of Full)