newbie again: installed RedHat but Win ME won't let it even consider booting

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Wed May 1 04:47:14 EDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Igor Gueths wrote:

> Hi Liz. What did it say about putting lilo in the mbr? It is normal to be able to boot Linux but not win at first, you have to reactivate it later by editing /etc/lilo.conf. You have to tell it where the boot image is for win are and then alias that image to a key such as "2." I don't remember what the image is called for win, but a good tutorial on this is at http://www.acbradio.org/mainmenu.html. Its one in the look at linux series, but I don't remember which one. Good luck,

Um, under Slakware, liloconfig autodetected my Windows partition and set
up the option to boot it by default.  Ok, so now all I have to do is tell
it that I want Linux to boot as default.  Also, the default timeout here
is 1200 ms (120 secs, 2 minutes), plenty of rtime.

Cheers.

-----
Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808