port settings in linux

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Sun Mar 31 22:03:04 EST 2002

I've had the same problem you just describe where the blazie product just clicks like it's going to say something, but it doesn't. Kirk claims that the synth detection has been fixed, but the synth is still not detected at all when it is a blazie product on a 486 I have. The solution for me was to specify the port the synth is on. From your earlier posts I gather that you are familar with gnu/linux serial port naming. If your blt is on ttyS0, then add "speakup_ser=ttyS0" without the quotes to the line in linux.bat that starts your kernel. Hth.
Greg