Adding programs

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Fri Mar 29 13:03:42 EST 2002

Hi Keith,
Well, first of all how much disk space do you have?  If you have enough
it might be worthwhile to reinstall with server (you definitely get lynx
then).  As far as transferring files from your WINDBLOWS machine to
Linux it depends.  I'll assume that you do not have the two machines
networked on a LANThen the easiest way is to move files onto a floppy.
To mount a floppy on your linux machine so that it will read M$ WINDOWS:
mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
Then copy the files from the floppy into your favorite Linux directory:
cd /mnt/floppy
cp *.txt ~keith/myfavorites

I hope this helps.

     Jim Wantz