Web Mail

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Thu Mar 28 17:09:04 EST 2002

Hi Ann & all

It is not for reading Web mail from other locations, but instead it is for hosting web mail. What I want to be able to do, is to connect to my linux box when away from the house and check the mail. My reasoning for the Web Based Email approach is that that if at work or anywhere else, I can connect to my web server, and check the mail. This solution seems like the simplest so that I don't have to worry about being behind any firewalls. If I have Web access through the firewall, then I will be able to check my mail.

If there any flaws in my thinking, I would be glad to hear about them. But so far, it seems like the best way to go.

Steve Dawes
PH:  (403) 268-5527.
Mailto:  sdawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca