questions

Monty Lilburn monty at bc.cx
Wed Mar 27 19:40:47 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Igor Gueths wrote:

>Hi. How can I delete a user account? I have several user accounts on this box that are no longer used.
> I tried adduser --remove user and that didn't work. Would anyone have  any  suggestions on this?

Igor:

I have noticed that several of your posts to this list involve getting
help for linux commands and linux command sintax.  You will find that the
"man", "info" and "help" commands can be very useful in solving most of
your command troubles.  Also entering your "help question" into a
search-engine such as http://www.google.com will often yield success.

I am not trying to discourage you from asking questions on the list
(afterall, the list is supposed to be a resource) but if you use a list as
a last resort rather than a first resort, you'll not only get your answer
faster but you'll also cut down the list traffic as well.

Regarding your question about deleting a user account...  The adduser man
page lists "deluser(8)" in the "see also" section.

You will be surprised at how much you can learn by reading...

Monty

                         SUBMERGED IN THE 6o4 AREA CODE

A proud user of the LINUX Operating System!