Sound card question

Igor Gueths igueths at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 14:55:10 EST 2002

Hi Cheryl. I know the kernel 2.4.18 drivers support the sblive card natively. I don't know about the alsa drivers. They probably do, but just check the list of supported sound cards at www.alsa-project.org to make sure. What you could try doing if you want a backup is recompiling the sb16 driver into the kernel as a module, that way you can just switch modules by doing rmmod on the sb16 driver then doing modprobe or insmod on the sblive module. Hope this helps.