scroll back?

Igor Gueths igueths at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 18:33:10 EST 2002

Hi listers. I have encountered the problem of let's say you are looking at usage for a particular program. And it scrolls to the next screen. Is there a way to be able to look at the previous screen? Like does the screen or the operating system keep a temporary buffer of the previous screen until refreshed by another shell command? What I'm refering to is something similar to a scroll back buffer that I believe used to exist in Dos. Does such a thing exist under Linux? I thought I read in some howto that the keystroke for this was alt+backspace or something? Thanks!