lynx question

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Mon Mar 25 04:13:51 EST 2002

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Igor Gueths wrote:

> Hi all. What is the command line option to view lynx bookmarks? I
> thought usage was something like: lynx -b, but I can't exactly
> remember how I used to do it back when I used to log into irix. I used
> to do it quite frequently though. How do I view my bookmarks in lynx?

Igor,

There are 2 ways.

1.  Simply press the v key when you are in Lynx, from any page, even the
help screen.

2.  Set your bookmarks page as your home page, which is what I do.  This
is probably best done in .lynxrc, though because I only have a dial-up
link, I've done it in lynx.cfg so it's tthe default for everyone.  To do
this, you would need to use an url scheme like:

file://localhost/path/to/bookmark/file/lynx_bookmarks.html

Even a lynx.cfg directive for this can be over-ridden by individual users
using the config screen within Lynx.

HTH

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808