debian /var/lock permissions

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Sun Mar 24 15:18:42 EST 2002

Hi,
Okay, read permission for everybody i.e. root, group and user but
excluding write and execute would be:
chmod 444 nybble.txt
To have read write and execute for root, read and execute for group and
read for all others:
chmod 754 nybble.txt
Just remember each bit in that order read, write and execute.

     Jim
On Fri, 22
Mar 2002, Igor Gueths