Editors and speakup

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Sat Mar 23 13:23:36 EST 2002

Hi Dan,

The URL for nano is:

http://www.nano-editor.org

The cursor tracking is not as good as emacs, but if your editing
needs are modest, this is one you can live with pretty well. It
has search and replace, regular expressions, and the cursor
tracking works when moving left and right but not yet when moving
up and down. In pico it does not work in either direction, so I
guess that means nano is half way there. Interesting that there
is so much variation among the different editors as far as the
speakup cursor tracking behavior is concerned.

Chuck