help with dosemu; getting very frustrated

Watson, Keith Keith.Watson at Sypris.com
Thu Mar 21 14:22:41 EST 2002

Cheryl,

There is a configurattion  file located in /etc/dosemu that allows you to
modify the permisions that you assign to users. My friend was not sure of
the filename, but did indicate that was the location. He said that he
usually runs it as root anyway, its easier.

Hope this helps

Keith Watson
Sypris Electronics
Email:  Keith.Watson at sypris.com <mailto:Keith.Watson at sypris.com>
Phone: (813) 972-6270
Fax #:  (813) 972-6842

-----Original Message-----
From: Cheryl Homiak [mailto:chomiak at chartermi.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 12:32 PM
To: 'speakup at braille.uwo.ca'
Subject: RE: help with dosemu; getting very frustrated

Wow! Fantastic hints! This helps with a number of issues.
My problem at the moment is that i have gotten the com ports to work, but
only
as root. I'm not talking about for brltty and speakup, which transition
over,
but for other uses. I am using debian, and my ttyX are set for root and
dialout;
since I am a member of dialout this isn't a problem in linux. However, I
have
tried changing the permissions for these ports with chmod to 666 or even
1777
(something I don't probably want on a regular basis) with no change to my
serial
port access within dosemu.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
However, I can use the3 editor and wp5.1 and the floppy drive works, and i
am
hoping to figure out why megadots isn't working; might possibley be a memory
problem or could be something more complex.
Thanks for that excellent post!!!