help with dosemu; getting very frustrated

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Thu Mar 21 12:31:38 EST 2002

Wow! Fantastic hints! This helps with a number of issues.
My problem at the moment is that i have gotten the com ports to work, but only
as root. I'm not talking about for brltty and speakup, which transition over,
but for other uses. I am using debian, and my ttyX are set for root and dialout;
since I am a member of dialout this isn't a problem in linux. However, I have
tried changing the permissions for these ports with chmod to 666 or even 1777
(something I don't probably want on a regular basis) with no change to my serial
port access within dosemu.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
However, I can use the3 editor and wp5.1 and the floppy drive works, and i am
hoping to figure out why megadots isn't working; might possibley be a memory
problem or could be something more complex.
Thanks for that excellent post!!!