question

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Thu Mar 21 11:52:36 EST 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Igor Gueths wrote:

> Hi Toby. Upon looking at the stats of the eth0 and ppp, it seems you
> are experiencing some packet loss. You also seem to have something
> similar to an IP conflict. Can you connect to ppp? Does eth0 function
> correctly when accessing a network?

Hi.

Ppp is working fine, that's how I'm connected to the internet, as for
eth0, I've not got another machine to hand right now that I can connect to
it, but I can ping it successfully and no, I didn't ping the loopback, I
actually pinged the ip address of the interface and got packets back, in
about 0.2 ms.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808