question

Igor Gueths igueths at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 18 18:24:36 EST 2002

Hi Victer. The card is actually recognized, and the
module seems to load fine. In fact, when I do
ifconfig, I get status messages. Something like this:
Loopback=127.0.0.1. Netmask=255.255.0.0. Mtu=16300.
Then it goes on to display packet stats. At least I
got an mtu reading that wasn't 0, so I believe that
this could indicate that the interface is functioning.
Is this so? By the way, to answer your question on the
SMC cards, I actually have a Linksys card that uses
the tulip module.
What I'm planning to do something like ifconfig eth0
-dhcp to configure the interface based on dhcp. Also,
sorry for the long response time, its just that mail
over here was down for about two days, and its back
up. -I have also noticed an interesting atribute in
kernel 2.4.18. Every time -I press the del key,
dec-talk says numlock on. COuld this have to do with
an incorrect keymap being loaded at boot time? Thanks
in advance!- Victor Tsaran <tsar at sylaba.poznan.pl>