exporting the DISPLAY variable

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Mon Mar 18 00:08:51 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm getting closer and closer to resolving my winehq/x problems. I've read that I need to export the DISPLAY variable with a value like 0.0. So, I did "export DISPLAY=0.0". When running xterm or wine after doing this, they pause for a while, and tell me this time that they can't open display 0.0. I've also tried 1.0 instead of 0.0 with no luck. I'm on my way with knowing how to export the DISPLAY variable, but how do I know what value to put after the = instead of the 0.0? Thanks for any help in advance.
Greg